Tuesday, March 16, 2010

if you know me, you know that i LOVE food. any food mostly i'm not picky but pasta,pizza and mexican are the all time best, and anything my mom makes of course. even though i was only gone for a week, ever since i got back to athens (especially since i can't eat) i've been craving my favorites.


first the grit yummm! if you visit athens, you must eat here. i thought i wouldn't like the grit very much since it is a vegetarian restaurant and well i like meat. before eating at the grit the thought of tofu made me want to barf but my grandbig (who is vegan) and my big sis took me there for a "family" dinner and i feel in love! i got the best, huge grilled cheese and tomato sandwich of my life (although i can make a pretty rockin one in the diet-coke panini maker at chi 0) and then they made me try there golden bowl and i was captured. the golden bowl includes brown rices, veggies, cheese and yes tofu. if you're scared of tofu then try it from the grit because you will no longer be scared, you will be in love.


and here comes my love for bread. big city bread is a small cafe/bakery with the cutest little patio and inside, oh i just love it! the atmosphere is so great and it's always full of really cool trendy people. we usually eat here after church on sundays, it always makes my day a little bit brighter. they have the best biscuits and eggs and hashbrowns and everything, i usually get grapefruit too. i especially love ordering a hot chocolate, the small comes in this big coffee mug and it feels so great to just wrap your hands around it. i've been here once for dinner and had probably one of the best hamburgers i've ever eaten in my life (and no i'm not exaggerating). it was wonderful and it had these delicious portabella mushrooms on it, my mouth is watering just thinking about it. i recently took my parents there for lunch and we all enjoying our food tremendously. can't wait to attend for brunch this sunday!

last but most certainly not least, mexican! my number one favorite spot is la parilla. it's more authentic and they have the good never ending chips and salsa as well as wonderful combinations plates. it reminds me of my favorite mexican restaurant in raleigh, el rodeo. it's one of those places where you leave and you feel sick but you're happy that you feel sick because it was so worth it. once i'm allowed to eat chips, this will be the first spot i attend. i plan on that being this weekend. if not, i may cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment