Wednesday, January 23, 2013


hi friends! thought i'd stop in for a quick update of my fabulous weekend in Charleston. i had a great time catching up with so many great people from camp and seeing faces i haven't seen in what feels like forever, including my first cabin of campers who are going to be on staff this summer (crazzzyy). it is always a fun experience being surrounded by such a large group of camp family and knowing that we were all in Charleston this weekend to help send kids to camp. team seafarer runs to raise money for an endowement fund to send girls to the crystal coast for the summer on scholarships. this year we have raised enough money to send 5 campers to camp off of the interest from the endowement fund, which is unbelievably awesome!!

i had a great run as well. it was a little chilly heading to the race but turned out to be the perfect running weather. we ran down the waterfront and battery and then on through king street past the cute shops and restaurants, it was a great course in my opinion. my ipod died less than a mile into the race, which i was actually thankful for because i was able to focus my thoughts on my running and my surroundings and carry on some conversations with different people i came across on my run. it was a great sense of accomplishment for me and such a fun day! and then to finish and cheer on my fellow runners as well as those running the marathon was an even more inspiring part of the day. team seafarer was out there as the last marathoners crossed the finish line, it was awesome to see everyone staying and supporting people we didn't even know as they completed their goals. it reminded me once more of the warmth and love of this wonderful place that i adore so much.

speaking of adoring camp, its the people here that make it what it is. i was fortunate enough to stay saturday as well as sunday night (MLK long weekend) and reconnect and be with some of the best friends i could ask for. fun people who filled my days with great conversations and mostly just lots and lots of laughs. i am so thankful for those people and this place, who support me through a 13.1 run but more importantly support me through life and who i know i can count on for anything, whether i need a big hug a smile or a little extra push to go the extra mile and get the job done well. so looking forward to spending my summer at camp again and leading counselors and campers in what i can only hope to be one of their most memorable summers!

i feel so blessed to be a part of such a great community, and so blessed to have been a part of this groups that is helping other girls have the opportunity to form these kind of relationships at camp this summer!

(we wear orange so our support team can spot us...)

No comments:

Post a Comment