Monday, December 31, 2012

its still 2012 but i'm sitting here anticipating all that is to come in 2013, and reflecting on all that has happened this past year. i mean what a year full of change and growth for me. it feels like ages ago that i was in my house in Athens celebrating the end of such wonderful four years. and then the ending of a four year relationship along with that. a breakup i have somehow survived but don't know what will change as a new year faces me. i hope to be able to move on but i know that change doesn't magically accompany a new year. and then two of my great friends getting married and starting the next chapter of their lives! and moving to new zealand for 3 months, learning more about myself than i could have expected and falling in love with a country, and its people. returning home and being hit with the reality of no longer being in college surrounded with my best friends, and no longer having my best friend there fore everything. feeling lonely and lost and making some decisions i immediately came to regret. and i am still learning to deal with all of these things. God has tested me and shown me what could happen when i turn away from him. i'm still learning to be the person i want to be, and i'm still learning to let God fill my heart with him. i'm thankful for this year, but i'm ready for 2013 and for a new start and a positive mindset and a peaceful heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment