Sunday, November 7, 2010

this morning at church, they had four girls dancing on stage to a worship song. it was actually really pretty, i have to admit sometimes i find dancing in church to be a little cheesy unless you're really good at it. i guess i am a tough critic because dancing used to be my everything, this morning watching those girls so happy as they danced made me miss it. it made me want to slip back on my pointe shoes and do some pirouettes or arabesques. i miss the joy i got from dancing, which i think is one of the reasons i stopped, it became too much. once you reach a certain level it either becomes your life or you have to let it go. i guess the joy was gone for me. but not having it anymore breaks my heart sometimes. the freedom you feel from twirling, or throwing yourself around stage during a modern dance, or strangely enough from a structured class in classical ballet. it's a place you can go for expression or comfort, it can be new and overwhelming as well as familiar and friendly. dance is something that will always be close to my heart. maybe someday soon i'll sign up for another class.

put me back in my pointe shoes please...

No comments:

Post a Comment