Friday, July 2, 2010

time goes by

father of the bride is one of my all time favorite movies ever, i think i cry more every time i watch it. really i cried just watching clips of it online. i think it's because getting married means you're growing up, and leaving your dad; the man who has loved and protected you your entire life. i think that's why it makes me so sad.

anyways, tonight my family watched home videos. not your typical friday night before the 4th of july weekend but it was so great. this clip reminds me of how we used to play basketball in the driveway with dad. boy did we love it. i can hear him now yelling or laughing, he has the loudest laugh. tonight it was strange watching those videos, it gave me a weird feeling of how quickly time is flying by. that little girl with the bow in her hair no longer exists. it made me never want to take for granted those nights just laying around with the family, remembering the old times. dad turned to mom and said "mom, those were the days weren't they." i think it made us all a little emotional to realize how much we've all grown up. it made me feel even more lucky for the wonderful home i was raised in. the love in that room was high tonight, the laughter was endless but inside of all of us i think there was a little sadness.

No comments:

Post a Comment